XCELLEGEN is a development environment for building financial analytic applications in Microsoft Excel used to develop all CFOsoft solutions. XCELLEGEN includes these key components:
- The Author tools allow someone who has full access to all XCELLEGEN functionality to create applications and models for users who need a controlled environment for financial analytics.
- The Data Management functions manage the accounting intelligent database where balances are stored by their natural accounting sign for current period and year-to-date.
- Tools to audit workbooks are used to ensure worksheet formulas are accurate and can produce formula documentation.
- The financial reporting tool is used to create board quality reports from data in other worksheets within the same workbook. The reporting tool can summarize and clarify data for presentation.
- Accounting-intelligent database
- Import and export data to Excel Models
- Report on non-financial information
- Eliminate spreadsheet links
- Create “real Excel” formulas
- Create sophisticated custom reports with ease
- Adjust report time-frames
- Audit and document assumptions and formulas
XCELLEGEN was used to develop the template applications in the group. Additional templates can be developed for things like:
- Capital asset modeling
- Human resource analysis
- Business acquisitions
- Sales forecasting
- Inventory costing and analysis
Take a look at an overview of how to create and maintain models.